Analytics

Friday, April 27, 2018

Early 2017 updates

I'm trying to get caught up on my posts....I am finally in 2017! Lots of fun things happened in 2017!

We had our first "Snow" day....it was actually a HUGE bust and we didn't get anything other than a few flurries. I was home with Bentley all day while daddy worked. He helped me clean and we had a great time playing! He also discovered the cabinets. Thankfully, the people we bought the house from left the child locks on the cabinets, so all we had to do was turn them back around!




At our 9 month checkup, Dr. Yother told us we could start transitioning to mostly table foods, and Bentley LOVED it. 




We went to Gatlinburg with the youth group at church during MLK weekend. Gatlinburg is a special place for us! Kip & I went on many youth trips together there and we also went on our honeymoon there as well! So glad that we got to take Bentley on his first trip!



I share a birthday with my sweet Nana Sue. Every year, we go eat with her and my grandfather...and we take a picture together! She says I was the best birthday gift ever, but she doesn't know how much she means to ALL of us! 



February 10th...my child walked. Like took 8-10 steps instead of the 2-3 he would normally take. He hasn't stopped since! 



We went to the zoo with friends. Bentley had a fun time & loved all the animals! The train wasn't running, so we 



Bentley's first Valentines Day! How cute is he??


Late February & Early March were filled with lots of fun things. Southside Softball with daddy, Sunday afternoon wagon rides (and Daddy's drone), and park with friends! 




One year ago on March 17th I remember sitting in the rocking chair in Bentley's room praying that he would come soon, praying for a healthy baby boy, safe and smooth delivery, and no major complications. I was pretty miserable at that point, anxious to meet my son, and scared to death all at the same time. I sat in the rocking chair, just taking in the fact that in just a few days, we would be parents. Our world was going to be drastically changed. I probably experienced almost every emotion that night one year ago. Tonight, I sat in that same rocking chair in that same room and rocked my almost 1 year old to sleep. I held and snuggled my baby boy, who is quickly becoming a toddler. Don't blink. 












No comments:

Post a Comment