Analytics

Thursday, April 19, 2018

2015 Update!

2015 was filled with SO MANY fun, exciting, but also sad things. In my previous post, I mentioned not having a dining room table! Well, a year after moving into our house, we FINALLY got one! WHOOP WHOOP!!


We celebrated ONE YEAR of marriage in February! We went out to eat at Red Lobster with Ryan & Britani. Ryan was Kip's roommate at the academy, and they became pretty close friends. Britani is his girlfriend (now wife). We went back to our house and had a fire in our fire pit and enjoyed our wedding cake!



Kip also got us tickets to see the Rick & Bubba show! We listen to that show on the radio every morning and have for MANY years! I can't remember if they sang the "Happy Anniversary" song or not, but for some reason I am thinking they did! 


We also got a pretty big snow (for Alabama anyway!) and we actually got to enjoy that together! In the past, Kip has had to work all these big weather events, so it was nice to enjoy this day with him! Roads were closed and so was everything else in the county for a couple of days, so we enjoyed getting to spend lots of time together!





March was a big month for us! I knew it was time to move on to something else in my career. I interviewed for a job with Regions Bank and received an offer just a few days later. I put in my 2 week notice at the job I was currently working. It was a bittersweet day. It wasn't my favorite job, but I had made some pretty good friends. It was hard to leave them, but I was excited about this next adventure! We also made our first "big" purchase (other than our home) as a married couple, a new car! Well...new to us!


I had always wanted a Tahoe and was SUPER excite about getting this car! Everyone said it was a "mom" car and was hinting at the fact that it was time for us to have a baby! 

Cake from my co-workers

My New Work Family at Regions Bank!

We started a project in April that only took us 3 months to complete....and we will never do this type of project again! We painted our kitchen & dining room. I quickly found out that I HATE PAINTING and so does Kip!


But I do love the way it turned out!!

We celebrated one of my high school friends finding the love of her life and getting married in May!





In May, hubby got him something he has ALWAYS wanted...a truck! And we got new shutters for our house! 



I hinted at a new family member joining our family in my update post....and well, in June, the family member came to live with us! His name is Tigger & he sheds a lot....but he is the SWEETEST cat EVER!!





Every year, the Gadsden Times, our local newspaper, does this thing called "Readers Choice" in June. I had never heard of it. Kip got a call one day that he had tied for 2nd place in the Readers Choice for best deputy sheriff! PROUD WIFE MOMENT!


Here is where things get a little crazy....July, we found out something that would forever change our lives. Blog post coming soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment