Analytics

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

We are HOMEOWNERS!!!

On December 2nd at 2:00pm, we signed our life away and became homeowners.  We had a roller coaster ride during this process.  Like I have said, this blog is basically just for me, so I am going to give the details of our home buying process so I will remember them one day!

We put an offer in on a house in September. The offer was accepted, so we began the process of a home loan. We wanted to Rural Development loan - no downpayment or PMI. We qualified for it...until we got Kip's employment verification back. He was working at the Gadsden Police Department at the time. He was listed as a seasonal employee, so the bank did not consider his job a stable income and refused to include it in our loan application.  So we are going based on my income alone...which would have been fine...until they started factoring in my student loans. Once my student loans were factored in, my debt ratio was too high to qualify for the Rural Development loan. Throughout this process, I was more stressed than I ever was all my years of college. It was bad. I hit lower than low points. I was mad at myself for having student loans and a car. I was mad that Kip's job was considered seasonal and the bank refused to use his income. We were both completely depressed and stressed.  It put a major strain on our relationship.  We finally got it worked out where my parents agreed to help us out as much as they could.  They were willing  tohelp with the downpayment.  I was still thinking...we cannot do this. We can't afford a house. We aren't going to be able to live.  On Veteran's day, we get an email from the loan officer at the bank basically saying they would not approve us for a loan. We were not going to be able to get the house. WOW...shot to the heart. I cried...and cried....and cried. For days. Until my PRECIOUS fiance calls Erika at First Federal Mortgage. She got us in, got all our paper work complete, then advised us that if one of our parents could sign the loan with us, it would work. So my awesome parents once again stepped up and agreed. I had never been more excited and thankful and happy! Erika got everything finished and sent in a matter of 2 days where the bank we were working with had been taking 2 months almost. We are so very thankful for Erika and First Federal Mortgage for being so great to work with!! Definitely recommend her if you are looking for a home loan!!

We signed papers on December 2nd and got keys on December 12th. SO EXCITED!!! We started moving stuff in that night. We moved all our kitchen stuff we got at the shower in and began unloading everything. We also found some AMAZING deals on furniture, so we were very lucky!!

Now, we are just enjoying making this house our home! Still got a lot of decorating to do and some more furniture to buy, but we are getting there! YAY!!













I really need some updated pics of our house....these were just the first pictures we took when we were moving things in! :)

Up Next - Christmas!

Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment