Analytics

Friday, March 16, 2012

Southside vs. Glencoe Alumni Football Game

Tonight, two of the biggest rivals in Etowah County will face off in the first annual Alumni football game! My Alma mater, Dear Ol Southside High, will be playing the Yellow Jackets of Glencoe, a school I was taught to hate when I was growing up. Kip & I decided we would like to get a good laugh in tonight and watch the game. I'm not talking about a flag football game either; I am talking about full pads, tackle, the whole she-bang. It's gonna be good..for a stomach-aching laugh. Kip went to Glencoe until he was in 8th grade & he then moved to Disque and on to Gadsden High, then Gadsden City when they combined schools. Anyway, He grew up being taught to hate Southside; that is just how the rivalry works. It's like Alabama & Auburn in high school form. My very best friend in the WHOLE world, Jillian, went to Glencoe also. I also have a TON of friends who went to Glencoe, so tonight should be very interesting. Let's just say....Southside is definitely not known for football. I think we went 10-40 my whole high school career. When I was in high school, Glencoe wasn't that great either, and we beat them a couple of times. Now, Glencoe has a new coach & they have been very good in the past few years. Not sure how many of new alumnus will be playing for Glencoe tonight, but I personally don't think my dear ol Southside High has a chance. And personally...I could less who wins. I am just happy to get to spend time with 3 of the most important people in my life, my precious boyfriend, my very best friend, and my sweet lil man, Graison! Clai, Jillian's husband, is an athletic trainer, and he is working the game tonight. I have a feeling he is going to have a lot of cramps, twisted ankles, hurt knees, etc. to deal with and not to mention tons and tons of taping ankles. He is definitely not going to be bored tonight! :) All in all, it should be a pretty fun, or funny experience! I will have to let you know how it all turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment