Analytics

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Trusting God


I am a firm believer in God having a plan for our lives. Sometimes, it is hard to trust in that plan when it feels like everything is falling apart. 

Kip and I stepped out of our comfort zone and started visiting MeadowBrook Church in August. We had both pretty much grown up at East Gadsden Baptist, but we really felt like we were being led somewhere else. We were both very apprehensive about leaving EGBC, and it was very difficult for us to do so. Kip had been working security at MeadowBrook for a couple of years so he had gotten to know some of the people there. One of the associate pastors went to the same gym as Kip, and he was telling Kip about a new LifeGroup class they were starting soon for young married couples, so we thought we would try it out. We had been going to LifeGroup on Sunday mornings for about a month when I found out my position was being cut at the job I was currently working. On this particular Sunday, right after I found out about my position being cut at the end of the month, (I believe it was October 8th) we got up and got ready to go to church. As I was going outside to put stuff in the car, I noticed it was pouring down rain and the wind was blowing pretty hard. I picked up my umbrella and it was broken. I don't have a rain jacket and usually wear one of Kip's when it is raining. I come back inside and couldn't find his jacket that I usually wear, so he gives me one of his work jackets. I couldn't get the hood fixed and got frustrated. We are running late as usual (which I absolutely hate to be late). I finally get the jacket on and take stuff to the car and put Bentley in the car. My feet are soaked at this point because I have flip flops on. I come back in the house and put on boots. I'm soaked and tired. I am ready to just say...let's stay home. Kip has to work 12-6 today so why don't we just stay home? But I didn't. I got back in the car, took a deep breath, and off we went to church. Our lesson in Life Group that day was on 1 Peter 3:8-22. It talks about "suffering" for doing good & not repaying evil with evil. I have been so quick to complain and talk down and say some things I shouldn't about my job being cut. This passage basically says don't seek revenge when someone hurts you, but repay them with a blessing. I needed that reminder for this season of life I was in at the time. Satan was trying his best to keep me from going to church that day, but I didn't give in to him. I am so thankful that we went. It's amazing how Gad can give you exactly what you need at the perfect time. God had something better for me. God had a plan and I just had to trust Him!

The next couple of weeks were horrible. I put in over 100 applications, and had probably 15 interviews with NO luck. I began to give up and feel like all hope was lost in me finding a job. What were we going to do? We had car payments, a house payment, utility bills, etc. We couldn't survive on the income of a police officer alone! The lesson that week in LifeGroup was on trusting God. The very first words of the lesson were, “Trust falls are scary. They are even scarier blindfolded, because you cannot see what is going on.” It was at that point that I knew I had to put my faith in God and trust that He was going to provide the job that He had for me. I turned my job search over to God that day & told Him that it was no longer in my hands, but His. That next week I get a message from a friend telling me that the place her husband works was looking to hire someone for an accounting position. I immediately sent my resume and got a call the next day. I am proud to say that I have now been employed by Big Oak Ranch for almost 6 months as a Staff Accountant. 

I thank God every day for bringing me here. I am thankful for the wonderful friends and memories I have already made in my short time here, and I know this is where God called me to be. Trust falls are scary, but when you put your trust in God, there's no reason to be scared!  



No comments:

Post a Comment