Analytics

Thursday, September 26, 2013

So Many Changes!

Wow..so it has been a while since I updated! So many changes have happened in the last month! One major change was a new job!

My last day at WEE Care was September 6th.  Whirlwind of emotions let me tell you!! After working there for 8 years it was really hard to leave.  I didn't cry until Jennifer and Ava Caroline came to see me.  What really got me was when Jennifer said, "Tell Ms. Lauren 'Bye'! She got a new job!" AC said, "She wont be working her anymore???" with a poked out lip and sad face! That is when I started crying!! I got better though until 5:30 when I left! But my sweet bosses gave me flowers and bought my lunch! It was so sweet!

My sweet Kate!! 
My gorgeous flowers!


I started my new job on September 9th.  It was a little slow at first, but I am getting more used to it!  I have been having to work some nights with Susan, the old financial secretary, because she has taken another job.  She has shown me a lot and I am learning new things daily.  I am ready to be on my own, but it is a little scary because if I have a question about something I wont have anybody to ask! But I'll get it...slowly but surely I'll get it! :)

There are so many things I enjoy about my job!
  1. 1. Getting to take sweet Graison to school everyday and getting to see my best friend and Evelynn everyday too!
  2. 2. Eating lunch with Kip a few days a week--we usually only saw each other about 6:00pm when I finally got into Gadsden from work.
  3. 3. My work hours!! Even though I have been working a few nights a week, I absolutely love my hours! 8:30 - 4:30 is awesome! There are days I wish I could sleep in and not go to work until 9:30 like I used to but getting off at 4:30 is definitely worth it!
  4. 4. Being so close to home! It only takes me about 12-15 minutes to get to work where it used to take AT LEAST 30.  It is also only about 8 miles from my house to CrossPoint...compared to 25 miles one way!
  5. 5.  I love the people here! Everyone is so nice and sweet! I do miss my co-workers in Jacksonville but I do love my new co-workers!
  6. 6. My own office! I finally have my own office (almost).  I am ready to fix it up like I want it when Susan leaves! I have bought picture frames and everything! Ready to make it mine!
Everybody tells me what a big job it is and that they couldn't do it.  Well I have faith in myself that I can...I believe that I can handle the job! It is much more than I did at WEE Care, but everyone takes steps up in their career! I can handle it! I know I can! :)

Things have moved forward with wedding stuff! YAY!! I also have some big news about a house for Kip and I as well. More to come on that in another post! :)

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment