Analytics

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Rude Behavior in Business

I have witnessed way too much rude behavior and smart a** comments made by employees to other employees in my day. Personally, I don't think that is very business appropriate. I guess being a business student I have learned a lot about how to run a successful business and just find the rudeness between a boss and an employee or 2 employees to be a very negative thing for a business. First of all, I would not want to work in a place where my boss or other employees are rude to me or smarts off to me. It is not a very healthy working environment. Secondly, I do NOT want to be put down or feel like I just asked a stupid question. If you can't put on a happy face for 8 hours while you are at work, then you shouldn't be working anywhere dealing with the public. Another thing that pushes my button to no end is when an employee openly talks to other employees or even customers about how much they hate their job and that they need to find a new job. That is not a good thing for a business, especially a new business that has just opened. So if you want to draw customers to your business, you should First: Be nice to customers and other employees. Don't be rude and or get an attitude with them. Second: Put on a happy face, at least while others are around. Third: Don't run your mouth about how your hate your job to customers or other employees. You want to draw people to your company/business not make them go running away as fast as they can. Remember: Customers bring in CASH MONEY, and that is what ALL businesses main goal is: TO MAKE A PROFIT. But you can't make a profit if you are rude to customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment